Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Birthdays are fun

My birthday is on sunday. I turn 15.
Ages are funny. I HATED being 13, I have always been tall ( I mean always) and quite mature for my age (around people who matter) I would and still do always get the "Oh, how old are you?" question. I would replie with a shy "13" then I would watch them gasp and say "WOW, I thought you were 15" I would smile and stop talking to them. Or when I would go to meetings with my dad, His co-works would be friendly to me and talk to me. Then they would say to my dad " wow, your dature is amazing, how old is she?" I would cringe as he answerd "13" and then they would stop talking to me. I thought that once I was 14 I would be so much older. But, no strangers still think i'm older than I am, making my mom nervous. Now that i'm turning 15 i think that, it is a good age.
You can get your learners perment, you can still act like a little kid at times but you are nearly old enough to make your own choices. When you are a teenager you want to be older, you want to get to 13, so you are a teenager then 16, you can drive, then 18, you can leave and vote, then 21 you can drink. You never here about how fun it is to be 15 or 17 or 20. You just want to get to the main parts of your growing up.
I want to talk my time. To enjoy being young and having some one worry if I get home before 12. Because once you are done being a teenager you are done. And I don't want to be a 35 year old wishing I had done something i didn't when I was a kid. I want to do it all. I want to beable to enjoy being 35 with out wishing I was 15.
So heres to growing up and talking our time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home